Tuesday, 8 July 2008

The next Year - 2007 - and our Birthday!!

Fresh from Christmas, we were trying to sort out a plan for the next few months. What did we have a lot of, that we could utilise. As we meet at the end of the month, in January we decided to have an Oriental themed card session, using peel-offs and Sakura pens. We made some gorgeous sample cards that we lost. They were found, about 3 months later, in a bag in the boot of Amanda's car... not a good start. So we had to make some more that were not quite as good. I had bought a lovely stamp of a kimono made by Personal Impressions, as well as a small coin image from Anitas for those people who did not do peel-offs. Using various different techniques (stamping/embossing, chalks, colouring with Sakura pens and Pearlescent inks) we had a great evening. I found at Hobbycraft some Daler Rowney Pearlescent Inks, in the most gorgeous colours, that we used to paint images with. They give off a shimmer which is just divine, and they do not take ages to dry, either. They cost £4.50ish, but I still have them now and will continue to do so for quite a while. Expensive, but well worth it. I have bought 8 colours, all bold and bright and just so lovely. I also found from The Works some pearlescent paints, for £2.99 with 12 colours. More watery in effect but still lovely to work with.

In February, we made cards using a Block Decoupage kit I got from QVC. Not the most exciting, but again surprising what others make of what we think is not the best.

In March, we used the afore-mentioned paints to colour in stamped images - showing watercolouring techniques (with pencils, and Marvy Le Plume pens) and the pearly paints for a different effect.

All this time the members are slowly growing, so much so we struggled to get around the new people as much as we would have liked. Indeed, some people only came for one or two meets and then left as quickle as they came. A great shame, but sadly there are only so many ways we can spread ourselves around. I now use my Mother (also pictured) as a host, and salesperson, whilst Amanda and I mingle.

No comments: