Sunday, 6 April 2008

Projects for Craft Club - first 3 months

So, for the first project, everyone was given white and yellow card, floral embellishments and daisy ribbon. Everyone had the same stuff given to them - it was up to them what they made with it - it was amazing to see what everyone had done with it. As that happened 2 years ago, it will have to be left to your imagination as to what they had and what they made. It wa suggested to me to get everyone to bring in a favourite card, or one they had made using their favourite technique. As we had some complete beginners that was not an option.
After that meeting, we had the NEC Hobbycrafts show, so Amanda and I trawled the stands to find goodies for projects - and with so many people there, it needed to be something that did not require everyone wanting to use one piece of equipment and having queues everywhere. So we bought some fabric squares from pinflair, with glue and cardboard. There was musical material, and also seaside material, so we could make cards for Father's Day. Again, people's imagination was fantastic to see and someone always managed to do something we had never thought of. From having frayed edges to separating the golden threads to layer on top of the design it was just inspiring (and we were supposed to be the ones doing the inspiring!). If I find the samples or some spare material I will post it on here but again, don't hold your breath.
We then found whilst trawling through some websites that there were some free downloads of templates for stitching cards - well spirelli was something I had done before but I had not thought it would take up a whole evening so we used stitching card templates - bought metallic threads and needles for everyone (and plasters!) and this went down not quite as well, as the hole pricking was quite time consuming - but I had after that someone who was a spirelli-lover from not having done it before and the templates were very pretty (though not used since.....).....

No comments: