Sunday, 6 April 2008

Starting craft club

I can't believe it is 2 whole years since our first craft club meet... I started to organize this with my best friend Amanda, who lives next door - she is a mega keen crafter (verging on obsessive but hey, who isn't). As Amanda has had her garage converted to a craft studio, we normally meet up in there, with a bottle of wine (or two) and by the end of the evening nothing is on straight and we are normally in fits of giggles. We listen to Late Night Love on local radio, and if nothing is done by 9 o'clock we are stuffed. Well, Amanda makes cards and had done for a few years, whereas I was still a beginner, having only started whilst off work for a few months. We decided, as selling cards at school fairs was not doing too well, to start a local club - as on the docrafts forum and topaz crafts forum I had noticed some local ladies who had asked if there was any clubs in the area. So we started one. Luckily, my OH was Chairman of the local Cricket Club, so we had a cheap venue - all we needed was to advertise and plan the first few meetings. We were expecting about 10-12 ladies to turn up, but were amazed when we had nearer 20 ladies, of mixed abilities. Some total beginners who turned up to support me (and still come now!) and lots of now very good friends. I will post on here some of the projects that we have done - some easier than others. Do feel free to use the ideas if you run a club - and contact me if you want to.

No comments: